- Solar System Smorgasbord — Riverside Nature Center, 1 p.m. Information: https://www.riversidenaturecenter.org The details: Join The Riverside Nature Center for an update on celestial happenings from Kerrville to Saturn. Speaker Jeff Stone, Space Shuttle In-Flight Maintenance Engineer, amateur astronomer, telescope maker, and member of Kerr County friends of the night sky.
- Schreiner University's Drive-Thru — Schreiner University, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.schreiner.edu The details: Schreiner University's Student Activities Board, staff and faculty are hosting this Halloween Drive-Thru event that is free and open to the public. Booths will be around Acorn Loop. Participants will enter the Memorial Blvd. entrance to campus, and traffic will be directed one way around the campus loop. Trick or Treaters will stop to get candy as they pass through and never even leave their vehicles.
- Trunk or Treat — Ingram Events Park, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.cityofingram.com The details: Trick or treat at the neighboring Loop stores and Trunk or Treat in the Event Field. Check out the police cars, lots of candy and lots of fun.
- Trunk or Treat — Zion Lutheran Church, 5:30 p.m. Information: https://www.zionkerrville.org The details: Bring your trunk and some treats to serve the children of our community. Safe, fun fellowship and lots of candy.
- Family Fright Night — Louise Hays Park, 5:30 p.m. Information: https://kerrvilletx.gov/1455/Family-Fright-Night The details: The Parks and Recreation Department would like to invite all ghosts, goblins, and creatures of the night to join in for an evening of safe and traditional family fun at the park. Activities include trick or treating, games, a costume contest and more.
- Trunk or Treat — Ken Stoepel Ford, 5 p.m. Information: (830) 257-5553 The details: Free hot dogs, treats, games and a bounce house. Open to the public.
Tuesday, Nov. 1
- Vinyl Night — Inn of the Hills, 7 p.m. Information: 830-895-5000 The details: Vinyl night is a night of listening to music our favorite way and playing records!
Arts and Culture
- Seeing Blue — Hill Country Arts Foundation, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: The details: The HCAF juried art show.
Wednesday, Nov. 2
Markets and sales
- Kerr County Produce Market Day — The Big Red Barn, 10 a.m., Information: 830-896-7330 The details: Kerr County Produce Market Day (The Big Red Barn). Local Hill Country wholesale warehouse distributor for the finest fruits and vegetables. Open to the public.
Win and food
- Wild West Wine Wednesday — Museum of Western Art, 5:30 p.m. Information: The details: Join the representatives from Becker Vineyards for an enjoyable presentation – Plus samples. See and learn about our new exhibit, "Works We Love," featuring Fred Harmon.
- Steve Seskin — Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.trailheadbeergarden.com The details: Steve Seskin is a successful songwriter who has written seven No. 1 songs, including Grammy-nominated "Grown Men Don't Cry," as recorded by Tim McGraw, and "Don't Laugh at Me," winner of NSAI Song of the Year and Music Row Magazine Song of the Year as recorded by Mark Wills. His other No. 1 hits are "No Doubt About It" and "For a Change," both recorded by Neal McCoy, "No Man's Land" and "If You've Got Love," both recorded by John Michael Montgomery and "Daddy's Money," recorded by Ricochet.
Thursday, Nov. 3, 2022
- Texas Furniture Makers Show — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Information: https://www.kacckerrville.com The details: Texas Furniture Makers' Show® is an annual statewide Competition of the Finest Custom Furniture Makers in Texas. The show is held at the beautiful Kerr Arts & Cultural Center.
- Lace Larabee and Andrew Markle — Arcadia Live, 6 p.m. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kerrville Strummers — Inn of the Hills, 7 p.m. Information: Fcampbell@innofthehills.com The details: Kerrville strummers is an event of local singer-songwriters getting together to play new music for the town. This event is on the first Thursday of the month.
- Happy Hour with Jake and Keith — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Boutique, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1
Friday, Nov. 4, 2022
Arts and Crafts
- Ingram Oaks Community Craft Sale — Ingram Oaks Retirement Community, 9 a.m. Information: (830) 889-4455 The details: Come get your holiday shopping done at our community handmade arts & crafts sale. Featuring painted items, gourds, quilted, knitted, crocheted goods, antler art, leather goods, and jewelry.
- Divide School Wild Game Dinner — Divide Volunteer Fire Department, 4 p.m. Information: https://www.divcoschooldistrict.org The details: Chicken Fried Axis, BBQ, Broccoli Salad, Corn on the Cob, and Cobbler! Live auction and raffle tickets.
- Mark Nugent — Arcadia Live, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.thearcadialive.org
- Modal Mojo — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com
- Up the Creek Duo — Pint and Plow Brewing Co., 6 p.m. Information: https://www.pintandplow.com The details: Tony and Jon started "Up The Creek Band" around 10 years ago and the band played gigs all around the Possum Kingdom Lake area and nearby towns. During the pandemic, they formed "Up The Creek Duo" and continued working on classic Rock and country songs while waiting for the restaurants to reopen. Now, it's time to share.
- 29 East — Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 7:30 p.m. Information: https://www.trailheadbeergarden.com The details: Classic Rock and Blues band, presented by Schreiner University Student Activities Board.
- Boone Holding — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 6:30 p.m. Information: https://www.southernskymusiccafe.com
- The Reefs — Pier 27 River Lounge and Pizzeria, 8 p.m. Information: https://www.pier27riverlounge.business.site
- Carlos Cuellar — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Boutique, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1
Saturday, Nov. 5
- Puttin on the Gritz Gala — Schreiner University Events Center, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.foundationevents.info The details: Peterson Health's Gala 2022 "Puttin' on the Glitz!" The event features a three-course dinner, live entertainment, complimentary beverage service, a dance, interactive surprises, and more. Formal attire is preferred.
Markets and sales
- Hill Country Swap Meet and Market Days — Hill Country Youth Event Center, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Information: https://www.kerrmarketdays.org The details: A community garage sale and flea market with all types of merchandise. Buy, sell and trade. Antiques, collectibles, new, used, books, tools, furniture, household items, sporting goods, etc. Concessions available, indoor, free parking and pet friendly.
- Heart of the Hills Farmers Market — Riverhills Mall parking lot, 8 a.m. Information: https://www.heartofthehillsfarmersmarket.com
- Holiday Magic Handmade Crafts Sale — Elks Lodge, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Information: email@example.com The details: A market of handmade products. Come out to shop for Christmas decorations, handmade crafts, gifts for friends and family, baby gifts, boutique gifts, clothing, jewelry, bake sale, and a light lunch available. Free and open to the public. Proceeds support local charities. Quilt raffle at 3pm.
- Works We Love Show — Museum of Western Art, 10 a.m. Information: https://www.museumofwesternart.com The details: “Works We Love,” featuring Fred Harman, creator of “Red Ryder and Little Beaver." Also on display are works from our permanent collection.
- Harvest Festival — Light on the Hill, Mount Wesley Conference Center, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Information: https://www.kfumc.org/ The details: Festivities include a chili cook-off, live music, hay rides, a petting zoo, cornhole, bounce houses, a 5K run/walk, and more.
- Coffee and cars — Billy Gene's Restaurant, Information: https://www.billygenes.com The details: Billy Gene's Restaurant hosts on the first Saturday of each month for Cars and Coffee. Antiques, sports cars, lifted trucks, slammed trucks, Jeeps, and project cars…we want to see what you got. Start your Saturday off right – hanging out with car people!
- Eyes of A Roman — Cailloux Theater, 7:15 p.m. The details: Set in Roman times of 71 BC, "Eyes of A Roman" tell the tale of a Roman soldier, raised by the Imperator Marcus Crassus, who makes the life-altering choice to save a slave the day before the final battle against Spartacus. The soldier's decision puts pressure on Crassus, who must balance the glory of Rome with his love for his adopted child. Choices will be made by both men that could alter the outcome of the battle — and test the bond between father and son. Director CJ Goodwyn and TriGoodwyn Productions present the Red Carpet Premiere of "Eyes of A Roman," a film featuring many local locations and actors. VIP tickets include priority seating, a pre-show Q&A with the film's creative team, and a signed, commemorative poster to remember the event.
- Drive-in Movie — Kerrville Schreiner Park, after dark. Information: https://kerrvilletx.gov/1858/Park-Watch-Drive-In-Movies The details: Enjoy a brand new and unique drive-in experience in Kerrville, Texas. The Kerrville Parks and Recreation Department is putting on "Park & Watch: Drive-In Movies" at Kerrville-Schreiner Park.
- Zanzenberg Music Festival — Center Point Historical Park, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Information: https://www.centerpointhistoric.org The details: Live music performed in the park will benefit Thanksgiving Day dinners for local families.
- Patriotic Concert — Kerrville Kroc Center, 4 p.m. Information: https://www.hillcountrychorale.org The details: The Hill Country Chorale performs patriotic standards.
- Reuben Darnell — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com
- Tommy Alverson — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 6:30 p.m. Information: https://www.southernskymusiccafe.com
- Mishmash Band — Pier 27 River Longe and Pizzeria, 8 p.m. Information: (830) 896-7437 The details: Music set lists reflect the most popular rock and dance songs from the '60s through today.
- Kerrville Comedy 2Nite — Baez Seafood Bucket, 8 p.m. Information: (830) 739-9451 The details: Join Babez Seafood Bucket for its next comedy extravaganza starring Tres Leches Comedy with Cleto Rodriguez, Roman Garcia, and Danny Ingle.