Monday, Oct. 24
- Kerr County Commissioner's Court — Kerr County Courthouse, 9 a.m.
8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday
8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday
- Hill Country Youth Event Center, 3785 Texas 27 in Kerrville
- West Kerr Annex, 510 College St. in Ingram
- Habitat For Humanity Golf Tournament — Riverhill Country Club, 11 a.m. Information: https://www.habitatkerr.org The details: American music legend Robert Earl Keen will kickoff the start of Monday afternoon's Habitat for Humanity Kerr County's 15th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Riverhill Country Club. The 1 p.m. start time features 30 players in the sold-out event. However, one of the big highlights is when a KPUB bucket truck drops numbered balls on the tenth green. The numbered ball closest to the hole wins. The ball drop winner will win a Robert Earl Keen personalized, autographed guitar. Habitat for Humanity Kerr County partners with local companies and community leaders to demonstrate their dedication and love for Kerrville, all while helping Habitat for Humanity Kerr County address the much-needed affordable housing in our community.
Tuesday, Oct. 25
- Spooky Cookies — Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, 4-5 p.m. Information: (830) 257-8422 The details: Join the library for a spooktacular evening of cookie decorating and get into the Halloween spirit. All ages are welcome. This is a free event, with all supplies provided.
- Vinyl Night — Inn of the Hills, 7 p.m. Information: 830-895-5000 The details: Vinyl night is a night of listening to music our favorite way and playing records!
- KACC Exhibits — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: https://www.kacckerrville.com The details: Three art exhibits. "Artwork by Phyllis & Doug Garey," "Kerrville Art Club Member Show," local artist exhibition and art sale, and "Quilts and Other Art Forms," local quilters exhibit.
- 39th Annual Western Art Show and Sale — Museum of Western Art, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: https://www.musuemofwesternart.com The details: The Exhibition and sale will bring together more than 40 top Western Artists presenting more than 100 original works of Western Art.
- Seeing Blue — Hill Country Arts Foundation, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: The details: The HCAF juried art show.
Wednesday, Oct. 26
- Trunk or Treat — Kerrville Church of Christ, 6-7:30 p.m. Information: https://www.kerrvillechurch.com The details: They will serve hot dogs (while supplies last), candy, games, and more. Wear a costume or wear your daily get-up. Free and open to the public.
- Buddy Mondlock — Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.trailheadbeergarden.com The details: Buddy Mondlock is an American musician and songwriter from Nashville, Tennessee, born in Illinois. His most famous song is "The Kid," covered by David Wilcox, Peter, Paul and Mary, and Cry, Cry, Cry.
- Texana Troubadour Competition — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 6:30 p.m. Information: https://www.southernskymusiccafe.com
Markets and sales
- Kerr County Produce Market Day — The Big Red Barn, 10 a.m., Information: 830-896-7330 The details: Kerr County Produce Market Day (The Big Red Barn). Local Hill Country wholesale warehouse distributor for the finest fruits and vegetables. Open to the public.
Thursday, Oct. 27
- The Callie Ann Trio — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Boutique, 6 p.m Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1
- Creepy Classics Recital — Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.trailheadbeergarden.com The details: SU's Flag is Up Productions will present CREEPY CLASSICS, a variety of scenes, monologues, and music meant to celebrate the mood of the Halloween Season.
Friday, Oct. 28
- Women's College Soccer — Schreiner University, 2 p.m. Schreiner University plays host to Texas Lutheran in a Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference game.
- Haunted Downtown Tours — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Information: 830-895-2911 The details: Learn about the history of Kerrville while hearing some of the spooky legends from downtown. Space is limited.
- Bizarre Bazaar — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Information: The details: Last year, KACC brought a little spooky fun to Downtown Kerrville with the Bizarre Bazaar. This year, KACC extends the event into a two-day event featuring local vendors, artists, and businesses in the Kerrville area.
Science and nature
- Telescopes for rookies — Riverside Nature Center, 7:30 p.m. Information: https://www.riversidenaturecenter.org The details: A fun evening with astronomers to help you understand telescopes. Bring your own telescope or use ours. Please consider bringing a lawn chair.
Crafts and stuff
- Texas Fleece and Fiber Show — Hill Country Youth Event Center, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday: 9 a.m to 3 p.m. The details: Join them on a journey from sheep to shawl, nature to colorway, bees to honey and so much more. You will learn what it means to be stewards of the land, how to make use of what's in your backyard, how sheep interact with their shepherds, what makes wool so amazing (and we include alpacas, llamas, goats and bunnies in the wool class). Whether you are a fiber raiser or enthusiast, farmer or dream of being a farmer, this event will open the doors to your endless possibilities!
- Robert Earl Keen's American Podcast Live — Arcadia Live, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.thearcadialive.org The details: Americana Podcast: The 51st State is a platform dedicated to sharing and expanding on the Americana genre's roots, reach, and definition. Each episode is told from the point of view of the musicians that have dedicated their lives to it. Robert Earl Keen, an Americana pioneer, interviews musicians about their unique histories, creative processes, successes, failures, and everything in between. In this episode, a panel of guests of Robert's will have an open discussion, followed by an exclusive set by renowned Texas outlaw country singer-songwriter Terry Allen!
- Summer Nicole — Pint and Plow Brewing Co., 6 p.m Information: https://www.pintandplow.com The details: Summer Nicole has a passion for people and music, and intends to share a great time with her audience. Country, folk, Americana, and some pop.
- Landon Lloyd Miller — Arcadia Live, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.thearcadialive.org The details: An up-and-coming singer and songwriter.
- Tim Porter and Gary Hatch — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com
- Mark 2 — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Boutique, 6 p.m Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1
- Time Bandits — Gravity Check Saloon and Arena, 7 p.m. Information: Gravity Check Saloon and Arena
- Learn to Belly Dance — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 6 p.m. Information: 830-895-2911 The details: $10 per class, or a comparable trade e.g., art, jewelry, wine or even shiny pebbles, because the teacher, a.k.a Lorien, is part crow and loves shiny things! Bring a yoga mat, a bottle of water and a friend! Come Shimmy with us!
- The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe — Zion Lutheran Church, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.zionkerrville.org The details: A drive-in presentation of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." Popcorn and drinks are available by free-will donation.
Saturday, Oct. 29
- Fall Festival at the Ridge — Cafe at the Ridge, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com The details: This annual event combines food, vendors, games, prizes, a petting zoo, caramel apples, crafts, a fun haunted house and more.
- Night at the Museum — Museum of Western Art, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Information: https://www.museumofwesternart.com The details: This fun-filled, family-oriented event is free and open to the public. Costumes are welcome and encouraged for kids; adults may dress up too. Music, food trucks and entertainment.
- No Tricks Just Treats — Riverside Nature Center, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Information: https://www.riversidenaturecenter.org The details: Join The Riverside Nature Center Halloween event to show off your scary, cool costumes and receive lots of treats.
- Hotel Transylvania 2 — Arcadia Live!, Information: https://www.thearcadialive.org The details: Every business downtown will be passing out candy for trick or treating – participating businesses will have decorated pumpkin and balloons outside their location. Join us downtown for trick-or-treating, games, and more. Start at Kerrville Arts and Culture Center (KACC) and end at the Arcadia for our Halloween Event and Hotel Transylvania 2 movie!
- Hallelujah Night — Faith Christian Kerrville, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.faithchristianchurchkerrville.com The details: It's the 2nd Annual Hallelujah Night Trunk or Treat. We will have candy, games, and chili. The first 50 children will get a special gift.
- Haunted House — Eyes on Me Barber School, 5 p.m. Information: 210-326-3496 The details: Part of Earl Garrett Street celebrations.
- Movies in the Park — Louise Hays Park, 9 p.m. Information: https://kerrvilletx.gov/752/Movies-in-the-Park The details: Load up the car and bring the kids, blankets and a flashlight for a free evening outside at the movies with a showing of "Beetlejuice." Free popcorn. Please, no outside glass containers.
- Haunted Trail — Jellystone Park, 7 p.m. Information: https://jellystoneguadalupe.com/park-passes The details: Enjoy a haunted trail, laser tag, food and drinks, live band and more!
Markets and sales
- Heart of the Hills Farmers Market — Riverhills Mall parking lot, 8 a.m. Information: https://www.heartofthehillsfarmersmarket.com
- MKJAZZ — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Boutique, 6 p.m Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1
- Steve Gary — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com
- Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.trailheadbeergarden.com
- Hillfire — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 6:30 p.m. Information: https://www.southernskymusiccafe.com
- Marcy Playground with Nautical Nation — Lazy Days Canteen at Roddy Tree Ranch, 8 p.m. Information: (800)309-9868 The details: Marcy Playground is celebrating over 25 years of active touring and recording since their breakthrough hit in 1997.
- Arcadia Live, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.thearcadialive.org The details:
- Pumpkin 5K run and walk and harvest festival — Salvation Army Kroc Community Center, 9 a.m. to noon. Information: https://www.kerrvillekroc.org The details: 5K run/walk.Come for the fun and stay for the FREE festivities. Lots of candy, bounce houses, face painting, carnival games, cake walk, and more.
Science and nature
- Night Hike — Mount Wesley Conference Center, 6:45 p.m. Information: https://www.riversidenaturecenter.org The details: Join astronomer and NASA alum Jeff Stone and biologist/bat specialist Nate Fuller for a nocturnal nature experience at night and the Kerrville night sky. The hike is less than a mile. Please wear comfortable trail footwear, and bring a flashlight.
Sunday, Oct. 30
- Men's College Soccer — Schreiner University, 11 a.m. Schreiner plays host to Colorado College in a Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference match.
- Women's College Soccer — Schreiner University, 1:30 p.m. Schreiner plays host to Southwestern University in a Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference match.
- The Big Fix Halloween Party and Fundraiser — Moon Shadow Have, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.bigfixcats.com The Big Fix Halloween Party & Fundraiser. We will have an open bar, music, hors d'oeuvres, desserts, a raffle with some great prizes and a costume competition with prizes! Every dollar donated will go to raise money to help us continue our work to trap-neuter-return feral cats. You won't want to miss this one! It will be the cat's meow P.S. Please don't forget to RSVP!
Monday, Oct. 31
- Solar System Smorgasbord — Riverside Nature Center, 1 p.m. Information: https://www.riversidenaturecenter.org The details: Join The Riverside Nature Center for an update on celestial happenings from Kerrville to Saturn. Speaker Jeff Stone, Space Shuttle In-Flight Maintenance Engineer, amateur astronomer, telescope maker, and member of Kerr County friends of the night sky.
- Schreiner University's Drive-Thru — Schreiner University, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.schreiner.edu The details: Schreiner University's Student Activities Board, staff and faculty are hosting this Halloween Drive-Thru event that is free and open to the public. Booths will be around Acorn Loop. Participants will enter the Memorial Blvd. entrance to campus, and traffic will be directed one way around the campus loop. Trick or Treaters will stop to get candy as they pass through and never even leave their vehicles.
- Trunk or Treat — Ingram Events Park, 5 p.m. Information: https://www.cityofingram.com The details: Trick or treat at the neighboring Loop stores and Trunk or Treat in the Event Field. Check out the police cars, lots of candy and lots of fun.
- Trunk or Treat — Zion Lutheran Church, 5:30 p.m. Information: https://www.zionkerrville.org The details: Bring your trunk and some treats to serve the children of our community. Safe, fun fellowship and lots of candy.
- Family Fright Night — Louise Hays Park, 5:30 p.m. Information: https://kerrvilletx.gov/1455/Family-Fright-Night The details: The Parks and Recreation Department would like to invite all ghosts, goblins, and creatures of the night to join in for an evening of safe and traditional family fun at the park. Activities include trick or treating, games, a costume contest and more.