If there's one event we should all attend, it's one about stroke prevention, and Peterson Regional Medical Center is playing host to such an event this afternoon.
With a keynote from Dr. Mirelle Foster, the acute rehabilitation unit medical director, visitors will learn about warning signs, how a stroke is treated and services available to recover from a stroke. The event starts at 4 p.m. at the Ambulatory Care Center, 260 Cully Dr. Visitors can also learn about:
- Home Health
- Healthy Diet and Nutrition
- Screenings of Risk for Stroke
- Outpatient Specialty Services
- Low Vision and Driving Assessments
- Stroke Support and Peer Mentoring
- Dietert Center and Meals on Wheels
- Bioness Integrated Therapy Systems
- Pet Therapy Visitation
- Center for Fitness
Peterson said refreshments and door prizes are available for those in attendance. Need more information? Call (830) 258-7442 ext. 9.