Our weekly look at the events around Kerr County is a guide for those who need something to do. Since we believe Kerr County is never dull, we provide it for you. The list is subjection additions, subtractions and changes of timing and purpose as we move through time and space. If you want to add something, remove it or change it, let us know — email@example.com
Monday, May 16, 2022
- Kerr County Commissioner's Court — Kerr County Court House, 9 a.m. The details: The commissioners will canvass election results before going into the closed executive session.
- Kerr County Historical Commission — Union Church, Noon. The details: Updates on events and projects.
- Kerrville Economic Improvement Corp — Kerrville City Hall, 4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Kerrville Independent School District — Kerrville Independent School District offices, 9 a.m. The details: Canvass of the May 7 election results.
- Kerrville City Council — Arcadia Live, 6 p.m. The details: Swearing-in ceremony of Mayor-elect Judy Eychner and City Councilmembers Joe Herring Jr. and Brenda Hughes.
- Ingram Independent School District Board of Trustees — Tom Moore High School Theater, 5:30 p.m. The details: The board of trustees will canvass election results and present achievement awards.
- Ingram City Council — Ingram City Hall 6 p.m. The details: Canvas of election results and swearing-in of Mayor-elect Claud Jordan and City Councilmembers Rocky Hawkins and David Britton.
- Texas Watercolor Society Annual Exhibit — Hill Country Arts Foundation., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Through June 30. Information: https://www.hcaf.com The details: The Hill Country Arts Foundation is hosting the Texas Watercolor Society's 73rd National Exhibit. This exhibit features watercolor pieces by over forty artists from across the United States. In 1949, TWS was founded by Margaret Pace Willson and Amy Freeman Lee with the mission to advance the art of painting in watercolors, and hold annual exhibitions of watercolor paintings. Today, more than 60 years later, TWS continues to promote the high standards set by its founders. Thus, as a national exhibit, TWS proudly takes its place among the elite watercolor organizations in the nation.
- Heaven's Declare Art Exhibition (Recurring through Saturday) — Museum of Western Art, 10 a.m. Information: https://www.museumofwesternart.com The details: Featuring works by renowned artists who celebrate the heavens. The exhibition will feature works by Phil Bob Borman, G. Russell Case, Tim Newton, Laurel Daniel, Linda Glover Gooch, David Griffin, David Grossman, Michael Magrin, Denise LaRue Mahlke, Phil Starke and John Taft.
- KACC Exhibits (Recurring through Saturday) — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: https://www.kacckerrville.com The details: "Monday Painters" members of the Monday Artists painters group exhibit, Paintings by Laura Roberts, "Guadalupe Watercolor Group" judged watercolor exhibits by members of the GWG. Artist reception April 30th, 1–3 p.m.
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Genealogy — Guadalupe Basin Natural Resources Center, 2 p.m. Information: 830-377-9940 The details: Nancy McLarry will give a speech on life with the Chickasaw.
Markets and Sales
- Friends of the Library Book Sale — Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, 1–3 p.m. Information: https://kerrvillet.gov/349/FOTL-Book-Sale The details: Looking for a great read? Or better yet, come down and support the work of Friends of the Library. Maybe find a banned book? That sounds like a fun day to us.
- Kerr County Produce Market Day — The Big Red Barn, 10 a.m., Information: 830-896-7330 The details: Kerr County Produce Market Day (The Big Red Barn). Local Hill Country wholesale warehouse distributor for the finest fruits and vegetables. Open to the public.
Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Thirsty Thursday Trivia — Arcadia Live! 5:45 p.m. Information: https://www.thearcadialive.org The details: Join us for another trivia night and, perhaps, become the new reigning Trivia Champ Team! Beyond bragging rights, winning teams will be awarded gift cards to local restaurants.
- Open mic with Jesse Owen — Gravity Check Saloon and Arena, Kerrville, 6 p.m. Information: Gravity Check Saloon and Arena
Friday, May 20, 2022
- Kerrville Farmers Market — A.C. Schreiner Mansion, 4 p.m. Information: https://kerrvillefarmersmarket.com/ The details: Come down and enjoy a complimentary beer, or buy a handcrafted pizza and enjoy the market.
- Dickie Kaiser Duo — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com
- Randy C. Moore — Pint and Plow Brewing Co., 6 p.m. Information: https://www.pintandplow.com The details: The Texas music artist, a feature of WSM's Grand Ole Opry, The Nashville Network, playing for audiences from the USA, China, Monaco, and the Middle East.. Among the artists that Randy has opened shows for are Hank Williams Jr., David Allen Coe, Amy Grant, Vince Gill, and Lee Ann Rimes. In October 2001, Randy was a featured artist on The Alliance of Neighbors (Red Bank, NJ) 9/11 Benefit Concert with Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Phoebe Snow, Joe Ely, and Smithereens. Ronnie Milsap and Vince Gill recently released a single, "Big Bertha," co-written by Randy and Carl Perkins.
- Heller Highwater Trio — Pier 27 River Lounge and 8 Ball, 8 p.m. Information: https://www.https://pier27riverlounge.business.site/
- The Flashbacks — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Bar, Ingram, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1
- Sean Scott White — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/southernskymusiccafe
- Kerr County Relay For Life — Hill Country Youth Event Center, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.relayforlife.org/kerrtx The details: This event brings communities together to remember loved ones lost, honor survivors of all cancers, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society make a global impact on cancer. Relay for Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Team members take turns walking around a designated path. Each team is asked to have a member on the track at all times to signify that cancer never sleeps.
Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Heart of the Hills Farmers Market — River Hills Mall parking lot, 8 a.m. Information: 830-370-7476
- The Kitten Shower — Freeman-Fritts Animal Shelter and Clinic, 1-3 p.m. Information: AWS Freeman-Fritts Animal Shelter & Clinic The details: Newborn kittens from birth to two weeks are fragile. They need to stay warm and eat every 2-3 hours at this tender age. So, come by and help Freeman-Fritts support these kittens.
- Native Landscape Certification Program — Riverside Nature Center, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: Linda Foss at NLCP@nspot.org or (830)218-7211. For class-specific and technical questions, contact Becky Leal (713)822-5213. The details: The Kerrville Chapter of the Native Plant Society landscape class and learn which plants are acclimated to the Texas Hill Country. The Native Landscape Certification Program, NLCP, is taught by knowledgeable members of the local chapter of the Native Plant Society with informative presentations, handouts, live plants and photographs. The class includes a walking tour to view plants in their natural habitat. The registration fee is $45.
- Lone Star Collective — Cailloux Theater, 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m. Information: The annual recital is in three shows on the same day. Outdoor activities such as food trucks, bake sales and more will be onsite.
- Dave Kemp — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.shopsattheridge.com
- John Bauman, with Aaron LaCombe — The Hunt Store, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.thehuntstore.com
- Maxwell Peal — Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.trailheadbeergarden.com The details: Maxwell Pearl is a Wimberley native songwriter based in Austin who plays music from the Texas Hill Country and beyond. With a blend of country groove and poetic exploration, his music wanders amongst generations of folk traditions and cosmic country heroes.
- Derringer Band — Pier 27 River Lounge, 8 p.m. Information: 830-896-7437
- The Travis Pierce Band — Joanne Marie and Me Wine Bar, Ingram, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1