Science and nature
- Fossils — Riverside Nature Center, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Information: http://www.riversidenaturecenter.org/ The details: Come explore the fossilized history of Texas and the Hill Country.
- Form and Function — Hill Country Arts Foundation, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., through March 17. Information: http://www.hcaf.com The details: An exhibit of pottery and sculpture. Works from over 15 potters and ceramicists. Featuring sculpture by James Horne. Saturday hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Works We Love — Museum of Western Art, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., through April 15. Information: http://www.museumofwesternart.com The details: Featuring Fred Harman, creator of “Red Ryder and Little Beaver.” Also on display are works from the permanent collection.
- KACC Art Exhibits — Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., through March 4. Information: http://www.kacckerrville.com The details: Sacred Spaces – paintings by Elaine Capers, Laura Williams, and Daneshu Clarke; Kerrville Art Club’s Judged Show; Hill Country Youth Art Exhibit.
Monday, Feb. 27, 2023
- Lap-sit Story Time — Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Information: https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/92/Library The details: This program is geared toward ages 3 and under. We will have fun songs, rhymes, and playtime.
Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023
- Art and Science — Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Information: https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/92/Library The details: Join us in the meeting room as we explore a different art or science activity each month. This month we will focus on science. For ages 4 and up.
- Jam Night — Gravity Check Saloon, 7 p.m. Information: http://www.gravitychecksaloonandarena.com Bring your voice, bring your instruments, and get on stage and play.
- Voices of Doyle — The Arcadia Live, 6 p.m. Information: http://www.thearcadialive.org/ The details: Join us in the theater for this documentary premiere by local videographer Alyson Amestoy in celebration of Black History Month. A collection of Doyle voices come together in a series of interviews about their childhood, the community, and the school. The stories will make you laugh, cry, and see a beautiful community that is still present today. Prior to the film, enjoy live music by Clifton Fifer, Konrad Wert, Kiah Middleton, and more. There will be a Q&A after the film.
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Story Time — Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Information: https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/92/Library The details: Children ages 3 to 5 will enjoy stories, nursery rhymes, songs, and an activity. There will be a theme or letter of the alphabet to learn about and a craft project.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale — Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Information: https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/349/FOTL-Book-Sale The details: The Friends have a wide selection of gently used books, movies, and audiobooks to choose from. Proceeds from the sale support the Summer Reading Program, Large Print collection, and Audiobook collection.
- Kerr County Produce Market Day — The Big Red Barn, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Information: 830-896-7330 The details: Local Hill Country wholesale distributor for fruits and vegetables. Open to the public.
- Music Students Recital Series — Schreiner University Junkin Center Recital Hall, 3 p.m. Information: https://schreiner.presence.io/event/music-student-recital-series-1-2 The details: Music students perform short solo works.
- Wild West Wine Wednesdays — Museum of Western Art, 5:30 p.m. Information: http://www.museumofwesternart.com The details: Join us and meet an area brewery, winery, or distillery. Hear about their products, try out a sample, and enjoy our latest exhibits. All free at the Museum.
- Piano Bar Live with Danny B — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 5 p.m. Information: 830-367-2735
Thursday, March 2, 2023
Science and nature
- Sprouts — Riverside Nature Center, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Information: http://www.riversidenaturecenter.org/ The details: You and your preschooler will be introduced to the wonders of nature through story and observation. Please register.
- Hill Country Economic Summit — Hill Country Youth Event Center, 7:30 a.m. Information: https://www.kerrvillechamber.biz/hill-country-economic-summit/ The details: The Hill Country Economic Summit will serve to bring Kerrville and the surrounding communities a current economic update and a State of the Union on essential happenings within our region.
- Camerata: Tango Amour — First Presbyterian Church, 4 p.m. Information: http://www.cameratasa.org/ The details: Grammy-nominated Camerata San Antonio is a flexible classical chamber music ensemble serving San Antonio and the surrounding Hill Country.
- Band and Choir Concert — Schreiner University CCAC Ballroom, 7 p.m. Information: https://schreiner.presence.io/event/schreiner-concert-band-and-concert-choir-performance The details: Our Schreiner band and choir students will treat you to a wonderful evening of music. Come support your Schreiner music department!
- Sky-writers with Scott Rotge — Southern Sky Music Cafe, Information: 830-367-2735
- Open Mic Night — Gravity Check Saloon, 6 p.m. Information: https://www.gravitychecksaloonandarena.com The details: Come on out and listen to a variety of some of the best local musicians playing on our stage. Bring your instrument and join in the fun!
- Kerrville Strummers — Inn of the Hills Pub, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/innpub/ The details: Local singers and songwriters, all welcome. Show up and sign up!
Friday, March 3, 2023
Science and nature
- One on One with a Naturalist — Riverside Nature Center, 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. Information: http://www.riversidenaturecenter.org/ The details: A Certified Texas Master Naturalist will be available to answer questions, discuss various topics, or listen to ideas about how to advance the stewardship and conservation of our environment.
- Tivy Treasures Market — Blue Oak Trading Co., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/blueoaktradingco/ The details: Market days from Tivy kids! Their great products are available for purchase directly from the kids the first Friday of each month.
- First Friday Wine Share — CT Realty at Comanche Trace, 6 p.m. Information: http://www.firstfridaywineshare.com/ The details: A fun way to meet new or different wines, people, and places. Please bring no more than one bottle of wine for every two people and your own wine glass.
Play games, all sorts
- Game Night — Central Provisions in Center Point, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Information: https://centralprovisionstx.com/ The details: A night of family fun with board games, dominoes, or whatever kind of games you like. Bring your own or choose from our selection!
- Friday Night Magic — Heart of the Cards, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/heartofthecardsktx/ The details: Weekly Friday Night Magic Tournament. Entry fee is $5, rotating formats. See facebook events for more details.
- Clifton Fifer Band — Elm Waterhole Saloon at the YO Ranch Hotel, 7 p.m. Information: http://www.yoranchhotel.com/ The details: Come see our local coach, mentor, friend, storyteller, and musician play some tunes.
- Matthew James Butler— Pint and Plow Brewing Co., 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Information: https://pintandplow.com The details: Matthew James Butler is a one-man band whose style runs the gambit from blues and country to alternative rock and indie folk. Free show.
- Callie Ann Stelter — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: http://www.shopsattheridge.com/
- Charlie Bravo — Pier 27, 8 p.m. Information: 830-896-7437
- Chad Boyd — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.southernskymusiccafe.com/calendar-of-events
- Landon Lloyd Miller — Happy Hour Deck Concert at Arcadia Live, 6 p.m. Information: http://www.thearcadialive.org/ The details: First Friday On Deck Happy Hour with live music. No cover.
- Travis Pierce Band — Joanne Marie and Me, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/wineboutique1 The details: Hometown troubadour seamlessly mixes originals and covers that he makes his own.
Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Kerrville ISD Job Fair — Hal Peterson Middle School, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Information: https://www.kerrvilleisd.net/Page/7208 The details: KISD will hold in-person interviews for positions within the district including: teachers, instructional aides, administrators, counselors, child nutrition, maintenance/custodial, bus drivers, aides, and more. Applicants can sign up for an interview or walk-ins are welcome. Please bring three copies of your resume.
Markets and shows and a banquet
- Hill Country Swap Meet and Market Days — Hill Country Youth Event Center, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Information: http://www.hillcountryyoutheventcenter.com/ The details: Artists and crafters bring their creations, and a community garage sale with all types of merchandise.
- Elks Lodge Craft Sale — Elks Lodge, 8 a.m. Information: 830-496-3011 The details: Come shop for assorted fabrics, sewing notions, beads, basket-making supplies, embroidery thread, woodworking, floral, fleece throw kits, scrapbooking/paper craft supplies, yarn, and so much more. Cash only.
- Ducks Unlimited Banquet — Hill Country Youth Event Center, 6 p.m. Information: http://www.ducks.org/ The details: Dinner, drinks, raffles, and an auction.
- Cars and Coffee — Billy Gene’s, 8 a.m. Information: http://www.billygenes.com/ The details: Join us at Billy Gene’s Restaurant the first Saturday of each month for Cars and Coffee. Antiques, sports cars, lifted trucks, slammed trucks, Jeeps, and project cars.
- Hill Country MHDD Car Show — River Star Arts and Events Park, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Information: https://www.hillcountry.org/get-connected/car-show-fundraiser/ The details: Benefiting the Youth Crisis Respite Center. Silent auction, food trucks, kid’s corner.
- First Saturday Hike — YMCA Roberts Ranch, 10 a.m. Information: [email protected] The details: Enjoy a free guided hike or nature walk at our stunning nature preserve in Comfort. Bring your lunch to stay and picnic at the pavilion afterwards while visiting with some of our volunteer Texas Master Naturalists. Hikers: Hiking trail is well-marked and maintained but rugged, with a steady elevation climb at the beginning. Expect to walk up to 4 miles. Walkers: A shorter nature walk will be available for families with small children or those who wish to enjoy a leisurely pace. Walk approximately 1-2 miles with lots of opportunity to stop and explore. YMCA Roberts Ranch, 550 Roberts Ranch Road (off Hasenwinkel), Comfort. Gates open at 9:45 a.m., program starts at 10 a.m.
Science and nature
- Land Stewardship with Rufus Stevens — Riverside Nature Center, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Information: http://www.riversidenaturecenter.org/ The details: Come learn about land stewardship with Rufus Stephens, certified wildlife biologist and author or “Attracting Birds in the Texas Hill Country.” $20, RSVP, limited seating.
- Classical Music Festival — First Presbyterian Church, 4 p.m. Information: http://www.hillcountrychorale.org/ The details: The Hill Country Chorale presents their Classical Music Festival.
- Cardfight!! Vanguard — Heart of the Cards, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/heartofthecardsktx/ The details: Come play in our weekly tournament! Entry fee is $5, rotating formats. See facebook events for more details.
- Landon Lloyd Miller — Central Provisions in Center Point, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Information: https://centralprovisionstx.com/ The details: It’s Pork Chop Pop-Up time again!! Come on out for serious deliciousness paired with local beer, wine, and tunes from LLM.
- Reuben Darnell — Cafe at the Ridge, 6 p.m. Information: http://www.shopsattheridge.com/
- Chris Boss — Pier 27, 8 p.m. Information: 830-896-7437
- Eley Buck Davis — Southern Sky Music Cafe, 6:30 p.m. Information: https://www.southernskymusiccafe.com/calendar-of-events
- Bob Stewart — Inn of the Hills Pub, 8 p.m. Information: http://www.innofthehills.com/
Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Daniel Niehoff.— Trailhead Beer Garden at Schreiner University, 2:30 p.m. Information: https://trailheadbeergarden.com/ The details: SU Songkeepers presents Daniel Niehoff, an emerging singer-songwriter from Paducah, KY. Free show.
- Nico and Jacob — Bending Branch Winery, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Information: https://www.bendingbranchwinery.com/ The details: Nico & Jacob will be playing on the estate tasting room.
- Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League — Heart of the Cards, 7 p.m. Information: https://www.facebook.com/heartofthecardsktx/ The details: Weekly event. Free entry. See facebook events for more details.